Build the trust needed to get to yes with flexibility, clarity, and confidence
🌎 About Strategic Persuasion:
Influencing executives is not a one-size-fits-all method. In this session with leaders from multiple Google products, learn techniques for multiple ways of “getting to yes” and increase your range of techniques for communicating with persuasion. Becoming a more effective influencer involves accounting for multiple perspectives, dismantling assumptions about the perceptions and values your stakeholders hold, and gaining self awareness to drive clarity and agility in your own communication style.
- Understanding your audience: decoding what type of decision maker your exec is
- Get the summary right: tips to convey your high level findings, demonstrate clarity about the problem you’re solving and articulating your insight concisely
- How to improve your outcomes by developing patience and resilience in persuasive argument
- How to read mannerisms and language to understand the other person’s position
- Practices for gaining self-awareness around your own approach to communications and challenging conversations that allow you to make adjustments in the moment
Ask your questions! Get deeper insights and tips for applying strategic persuasion techniques within your own role.
After the group session, stick around for a practice round! You’ll be paired in timed 1:1 chats with other PMs, to immediately practice what we learn and grow your network of other ambitious women in product management. These are camera-on networking events where you’ll meet other women in product face to face!
📍Meet your Experts:
- Aarti Bharathan, currently Director of Product, Payments Platform at Google, is democratizing payments and enabling financial inclusion to billions of users. Prior to Google, Aarti built and scaled products across PayPal and Microsoft. Financial Inclusion and enabling the billions of people across the globe have access to money is her personal mission. With these values driving, Aarti leads and activates wide groups of cross-functional teams to execute and land solutions that deliver customer value.
- Sandy Hoang, Director of Product Management, Scaled Support and Customer Engagement at Google, is a product leader in fintech, online lending, payments, healthcare, enterprise and consumer software. Versed in full product development lifecycle and Agile methodologies, she is equally comfortable as an individual contributor and managing teams of 50+. As a leader, Sandy prioritizes real-time feedback, constructive coaching, and clear expectations.
- Stephanie Shum, Director of Product Management, leads the Retail Ads Consumer Experiences product team at Google. A product manager with 15 years of experience leading cross functional teams at companies like Facebook and Yahoo! across consumer, developer, advertising, and marketplace products, Stephanie is fanatical about delivering truly delightful experiences for products that users care about and making the world a better place along the way.
📍Meet your Moderator:
- Nupur Jain, is currently Product Lead, ChromeOS at Google. In her 8+ year tenure at Google, she worked as a Product Manager for YouTube Video Ads, focused on brand safety efforts to ensure our advertisers that their brand is represented safely across our product portfolio. Prior to this, she worked as a policy specialist and helped build monetization policies and scale enforcement policies globally. During the height of the pandemic, Nupur co-founded Help Your Peers, a volunteer driven mentoring program focused on helping product and program managers whose job has been impacted by Covid-19 that assisted more than 400 candidates with interview prep, resume reviews, and general career guidance.
⏰ About Product Blenders:
In our Product Blender series, hosts and guests offer key tactics, techniques or actionable insights in an info-packed session.
Group Sessions are followed by timed paired 1:1 chats to practice or discuss with other PM peers. After each match, you’ll have the option to swap contacts with a click.
This event is presented in partnership with Google (you can thank them for covering your ticket to this premium skill building & connection opportunity. ) Explore open roles in product here.