Our 2023 Women In Product Conference quickly became a hub for thought-provoking discussions and transformative insights on top product leadership strategies.
As the event unfolded, our expert panel of product speakers explored various topics, captivating the audience with their profound knowledge and experience.
In this post, we would like to invite you to embark on a journey to relive the unforgettable highlights of the conference as our esteemed panel of speakers shares their perspectives on leadership communication and group dynamics.
Join us as we delve into the essence of authentic leadership and discover the power of effective communication.
Leadership Starts from Within
Senior Product Manager Christine Yoon of Help Scout shared her thoughts on the relationship between self-compassion and authentic leadership.
Yoon shares her best tactics to:
- Practice mindfulness: Yoon shares that mindfulness has a cascading impact on how we lead and foster collaboration.
- Acknowledge negative feelings of isolation to diminish their impact: Yoon discusses the unattainability of perfection and its harmful effects, how feelings of isolation can hinder our ability to lead effectively, and strategies to combat feelings of isolation in the workplace.
- Nurture a compassionate voice toward ourselves: Yoon enlightens the audience with an important realization – the way we speak to ourselves has a profound impact on our ability to effectively collaborate with our team.
Building High-Performance Product Teams
Product leaders such as Jodi Alperstein, Stephanie Neil, and moderator Ha Nguyen share their expertise on building high-performance teams and the positive effects that it can have on your final product.
Discover how top product leaders at Twilio and Twitch create high-impact teams by adapting to changing responsibilities and uplifting new members.
Gain insights on how you can replicate their success in your own organization.
Unpack Your Bags and Lead
Cynthia Farrell, Owner & Principal at 110 West Group, delves into how setbacks make you stronger. A career setback forced Farell to “unpack her bags” and spend time emotionally reflecting.
She’ll introduce the EQ-i 2.0 model of emotional intelligence and how it can be used to improve leadership skills, relationships, and overall well-being. You’ll learn more about the impact of emotional intelligence on success and walk away with resources to continue your learning.
Optimizing Team Management
Hear from top product leaders on team management optimization strategies.
- First, Shivani Berry, CEO & Founder of Ascend, focuses on maximizing influence at work by highlighting the importance of influencing others to progress within a product organization. She also shares the six requirements for achieving buy-in, the reasons behind failures in this area, and strategies for influencing dominant personalities.
- Next, Cris Valerio, Senior Product Manager II at Instacart, delves into how play can transform your approach to leadership. Cris explores the fundamental principles of play and their connection to effective leadership to empower you to make a positive impact on your team’s energy levels and avoid burnout.
- Last, gain insights from Haifa Harb, Product Manager at Duolingo, as she shares valuable guidance on leading a new team during its initial stages and ultimately transforming a group into a high-performing community.
Interested in more conference highlights?