ways to get started
join the Community
Support the growth and advancement of others in the community
Join the Facebook group! This is where the community is the most active. Here’s how to make the most out of being in the group:
- Offer 1 hour of your time to help community members on Mentor Mondays
- Offer to give advice on resumes and LinkedIn profiles on Recruiting Wednesdays
- Share a framework that’s worked for you or a case study with valuable lessons
- Consider being a group moderator — let us know if you are interested and send us an email at email@example.com
Connect with a chapter to learn how you can help at a local event
Contribute resources to the Community Knowledge base
Contribute your own content for consideration in our newsletter or on our blog. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to pitch your idea.
I joined the org because 2018 Women in Product conference truly inspired and helped me and I wanted to pay it forward to the community.
For our Annual Conference
Our annual conference is designed by women in product for women in product. We have a wide range of volunteer committees and groups. For example:
- The Steering Committee works with us to determine the theme for the conference and areas for content submissions.
- The Submissions Team is made up of community volunteers who review and rate submissions to speak at the conference. Each submission gets at least three reviews
- The Content Committee uses the top 25% of the submissions to build out the program for the conference
HOST A BROWN BAG EVENT
If your team members are attending the annual conference, consider hosting a pre-conference brown bag meeting the week before to discuss the sessions and events they plan to attend. This will ensure everyone is organized and enthusiastic, maximizing the benefits of their attendance. Additionally, think about organizing a post-conference event to share and reinforce what was learned. This will help attendees identify ways to apply their new knowledge.
INTERESTED IN GETTING MORE INVOLVED WITH US?
We have volunteer opportunities available year-round. Complete this form and our team will be in touch soon!